Monday, July 22, 2013
Closure.
This week has been crazy. Work went pretty well last week, except for trying to pull back onto the road with people flying past me at 70+ MPH on their way to Arizona. That was mildly terrifying. Working as a biological intern this summer has been a wonderful experience, but my goodness, some parts of it is scary. I love seeing the sunrises in the mornings too. I think that makes getting up super early worth it.
Today I woke up and realized that I haven't thought about my ex in a long time. I haven't wondered where he is or what he's doing in at least a week, and it was the best feeling. I felt light and free and happy because of this thought. There was so much negativity in that situation, and it is good to finally feel the closure I needed to move away from it. We have been apart since March, and it was the first time that I truly felt spiritually free from feeling bad about leaving the relationship. And it wasn't a bad thing for me to leave the relationship. Everything in life can become stagnant if there is not fresh life flowing into it every once in a while. We did not go on adventures. We did not stay up late with one another. Hell, we didn't even go to the movies together after 2.5 years. The passion and spirit of the relationship was gone long ago, and I spent far too long trying to rekindle a fire that had not even had cinders burning in so very long. There is a difference between giving up and knowing you've had enough.
It's interesting to feel like my life is finally falling into place. I feel like this job has rekindled my willingness to get through school and finally get into the field. I feel the freedom to do as I please for the first time in ages. I have been hiking and spending as much time as I can outside lately. If you are going through a really bad break up, just realize that things will get better. It may not be today, and it may not be tomorrow, but one day you will wake up and you will feel better.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment