Monday, September 9, 2013

Fat.

Dear Mothers and Future Mothers,

Do not call your daughter fat or big or bulky or any of the other synonyms associated with that terrible three letter word. You will tear your daughter down more than you can ever repair. You can't take hurtful things like that back. Your daughter is beautiful no matter her size, mental capacity, strengths, or weaknesses. You should not pass judgement on something that you know nothing about. A million different things could be going on that she is trying to cope with. That word could be the final straw for her. You could be the cause of an eating disorder. You could be the reason that she feels so out of place in public. You could be the reason that she spends 6 hours a day at the gym in hopes of pleasing you. Not all of us are 5'7" and 115 lbs at 22. I sure am not. But I can lift my own body weight, hike for hours on end, and climb a mountain. This body is a good body and can do everything I want it to do. If there is ever a day that it needs to do more, I will train and work hard to obtain what I want. Until then, do not call me fat or bulky or anything else. All it does is hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment