| Via |
Read this once through, then without the brackets, then only the brackets.
My world has been turned upside down lately. My days are long and I spend most of them thinking about how things could have been different with my ex. We do not hate each other, and I think that is the toughest part. It's like that terrible ache that you get when you're longing for home. The longing feeling is there, it is present and palpable in your chest, but there is no way to soothe it because there are miles and miles between where you are and where you want to be. That's how I feel right now. I feel displaced and like my life has been contorted and pulled inside out. This feeling is temporary though. I know this, I just have to get through this pain that makes its presence known daily. Right now all that's going to fix it is this displacement and time.
He was right when he said we were kids when we started dating. We had no responsibilities and were able to spend all the time in the world with each other, and now, when we're both either in school or working, it was tough to keep the connection alive. Then, somewhere in the middle of all of it, we turned into two completely different people who wanted different things out of life. It's funny how it can just creep up on you. One day you can be head over heels in love, and the next day you are confused as to who this person really is. So, it was best that we were done with the relationship. Life will both be easier for us eventually. Hopefully one day we can look back on everything with a fondness and not a bittersweet longing for how life once was.
Right now I'm in the middle of moving all of my things back to my mom's house and trying to finish the semester with good grades. The days feel like they're crawling, and everything hurts, but I am making it through this.
No comments:
Post a Comment